ORLEANS- The Wareham gatemen (5-3-1) coming off two games ending early look to get a full 18 innings in against the Orleans Firebirds (4-4-1) in a double header with the first game at 3 p.m.
The Orleans Firebirds pose a tough test for the Gatemen. This season the Firebirds identity has been pitching. Orleans has the second best ERA in the CCBL (3.05). On the opposite side of the spectrum it has been a slow start for the Orleans offense batting a third worst (.219).
Wareham is the polar opposite; The Gatemen lead the CCBL in batting average (.290) and have the third worst ERA (4.05). Darren Baker (Cal Berkeley) is leading the CCBL batting (.400) and Benjamin Sems (Kansas) is 3rdin the CCBL for batting average (.368).
Offense proved to be too much for the Orleans pitching staff last night as the Y-D Red Sox defeated the Firebirds 9-5. If last night was any indicator Wareham should feel confident about tonight.
Here are the game 1 lineups:
1. Braiden Ward, CF – Washington
2. Darren Baker, 2B – Cal Berkely
3. Dallas Beaver, 3b – UCF
4. Adrian Del Castillo, C – Mimai
5. Kameron Guangorena, DH – Fullerton
6. Jacob Teter, 1B – Florida Southern
7. Mike Antico, LF – St. Johns
8. Benjamin Sems, SS – Kansas
9. Matthew Rucick, RF – San Diego State
SP: Ian Bedell – Missouri
1. Raymond McCabe, SS – Miami
2. Zach Kokosk, RF – Kansas State
3. Tanner Murray, 3B – California Davis
4. Max Troiani, CF – Bentley
5. Josh Zamora, DH – Nevada
6. Raymond Gil, 1B – Miami
7. Danny Serretti, 2B – UNC
8. David Avitia, C – Grand Canyon
9. Zach Daniels, CF – Tennessee
SP: Jared Shuster - Wake Forest
Photo by: Kriston Ostrowski